10 Powerful tips for Facebook Advertising
Powerful tips for Facebook Advertising are listed below :
1. Add FB Pixel code on your Website. Pixel is a tracking code that allows you to show ads (retarget) to people who visited your site earlier. Conversion rates are much higher for retargeting campaigns.
2. Always Click on “Narrow Audience” button to make your Interests list targeted. If you add all interests together, it will not help, rather click on Narrow Audience and make the interest list more targeted.
3. Avoid Running campaigns on Instagram and Facebook together. It will ruin your ROI. Make different campaigns and ads for both.
4. Study the list of all Possible Facebook Targeting Options. (Google it). There are many targeting options that you can add to your Fb ads interests list to make your targeting perfect. (You can literally target people who just got married or even people who are admin of Facebook pages)
5. Try to Make Good Looking Creatives/Images for Facebook Ads. You can use Canva or any other free tool to make such images. Add Bright (appealing) Borders to your image, Use Attractive Images and background colours, do not use dull images.
6. There is no Word limit on Facebook Ad Copies. It depends on your audience and business. Myntra or Flipkart ads are good with short ad copies. On the other hand, for someone promoting a webinar, a long detailed ad copy can do wonders.
7. Video Ads manages to convince a lot. So if you have a team to make videos, go for it. Using videos from other sources may not work well.
8. Do Not Pause your Ads. The Ads will always optimize with time, your results will improve after a few days or even after a week. Instead of pausing you can lower the budget.
9. Always set up retargeting campaigns to sell more. Try to make your retargeting Ad copy more personalized.
10. If you are confused or if you are unable to target your audience, run Adwords ad for your target keywords. This way you will get some powerful pixel data. You can later run Facebook Ad (using pixels) for those people who visited your site from AdWords ad.
For example, if you are promoting a lawyer. On Facebook, it becomes hard to target audience looking for such service. So what you can do is, Add pixel code on your site and run Adwords ads for terms like, “hire the trainer“, “best lawyer in New York” etc.
This way you will get traffic from AdWords ad. Now you can create an FB ad (using pixel) and retarget all those people who opened your AdWords ad.
Also Read: Increase Blog Views
Some things to consider:
1. Type of ads: The objective of your ad can make an insane impact on how well your ads perform. You can optimize for many different objectives and the different objectives will get you different results. Example: If you want your business to bring in new leads, then you don’t want to be optimizing for post engagements.
2. Targeting: Broad audiences, behaviors, job titles, education level, income and/or salary, interests, highly target multi-layer audiences, demographics, etc. Specialty products or services require a much more dialed in the audience. For things that aren’t a specialty, you are better off using a large audience and letting Facebook optimize to show your ads to the people most similar to people who have already purchased.
3. Placement: Desktop or mobile? Newsfeed or right column? Instagram? People have different intentions when they are sitting at a computer and when they are on their phone. People are on their phones when they are sitting in cabs or at a restaurant or the gym. Is that the best place to get them to watch a 10-minute video? Probably not.
P.S. I have not included numbers or specifics as it not the same for all and it depends on many factors based on your business or your advertisement. They may sound simple but can do wonders.